Sunday, October 18, 2009

Week 6 Picks

Week 6 and honestly the discussion about the amount of terrible teams can get kind of old. I don’t want to talk about how the Redskins are falling apart all over. I don’t want to talk about the lack of talent in St Louis. I am tired about talking about how JaMarcus Russell couldn’t throw a 15 yard pass without bouncing it 10 yards or how he has no clock in his head or how he’s the only person that doesn’t understand he’s about 30 pounds overweight for his position.
I’d rather talk about how great this Saints Giants game is going to be. I’d rather think about how many times Brett Favre will have close up conversations with Haloti Ngata and Ray Lewis. I would rather talk about the cooky Jared Allen and how he will probably doing that detonating dance at least 4 times today. So let’s get to it.


Chiefs (+6) over REDSKINS- Seriously? How can the Redskins be giving any team other than the Rams 6 points? Its Vegas screaming at us to pick them and what Vegas still hasn’t understood is, that I’d take this line everytime. The Chiefs are talented enough to compete with the Redskins who are clearly way over their heads with just football in general. They need a group therapy session with their QB, owner, GM, Coach and somebody give John Riggins a hug. That Youtube clip looked like wherever he was, Elvis and Osama Bin Laden were also hiding out there.

BENGALS (-4.5) over Texans- I’ve watched that Andre Johnson play about fifteen times and I still can’t fathom how he got into that end zone. I then thought about how many wide receivers can make that happen and I realized it was only him. No other player is that big to bounce off tackles like that. Maybe Larry Fitz but Johnson is just so much bigger that he can do things that normal receivers can’t. One guy who can’t? Chad OchoCinco. That play where he got popped in his mouth by Ray Lewis which drew a fine was a result of him quitting on that play. He was high enough to catch that pass but he heard Ray Ray coming and he quit. I don’t care what you say. He quit. But I love Ocho purely based on his ability to eat McDonalds everyday and still perform at a high level. Everytime I eat McD’s I want to grab a pillow and sleep, not grab a football and run.

STEELERS (-14) over Browns- Its tough for me to take this many points but against a team who’s starting QB finished 2-for-17, I can’t excuse it. Sorry Browns fans, yet another loss to add to the belt. The GM is probably watching more college football than his own team seeing as how he’s going to have plenty of draft picks.

VIKINGS (-3) over Ravens- All week, I was talking myself into the Ravens, but I just can’t. Two weeks ago they lost their first game. A week ago they gave up their first 100 yard rusher in 40 games. This week, who knows? I see two things happening in this game: AP will rush for over a 100 yards in this game. Percy Harvin will have over a 100 yards over the air. But Ray Rice looks like a sleeper to me to have a huge game.

JAGS (-9) over Rams- MJD did the oh no he didn’t speech where he called out the team basically for their usage of him as a decoy. Not only that, he threw Reggie Bush under the bus too calling him the most expensive decoy in the NFL. But the Rams are bad. I mean really bad. The Jags should have a field day and enough ampage after being blown out 41-0 to take out their frustrations on the pathetic Rams.

Giants (+3) over SAINTS- This is not a pick where I’m using my heart. I just think the Jets blueprint of throwing exotic blitz packages in Drew Brees face was smart, but I think the Giants speed on defense and ability to rotate enough players will keep them fresh into the fourth quarter where I expect the game to be close and that’s where the Giants separate. Should be close but I do expect the G-Men to remain on top.
I realize the big storyline is Jeremy Shockey’s revenge game but let’s be honest. Jeremy doesn’t need our sympathy. He doesn’t deserve it. He allowed himself to get talked into the Giants not needing him and he allowed himself to believe all the backpage garbage. He could’ve been a part of this team but he left on his own. Let’s not go around blaming anyone else. I expect Shockey to talk the talk, but the Giants to walk the walk, especially with Kevin Boss back.

Panthers (-3) over BUCS- Why is this game not on the list to be blacked out? Sorry Carolina/Buc fans, but this is lamefest if I ever heard of one.

PACKERS (-14) over Lions- I think the Lions try really hard and its not without reason to think that they can come away with a close game here. But, with a bye, the Pack should be primed to stomp on the Lions and have a big day.

Philly (-14) over RAIDERS- The Raiders might need a security detail to get them out of the stadium after the Eagles put a hurting on them.

SEAHAWKS (-3) over Cardinals- I like the Seahawks. I think last week’s game is what they are capable of on a weekly basis. Their defense is their only question. Perhaps a good beating of the Cards could convince me a little more.

JETS (-9.5) over Bills- Its raining, its pouring, the Jets keep on blitzing. Did Braylon Edwards have a hands replacement surgery? Or did Andre Johnson give him the gloves from that Dick’s Sporting Goods commercials? Either way, could be a long day for the Bills.

Titans (+9) over PATRIOTS- I need to be convinced that Brady won’t hear footsteps and not throw out the ball a second early like he’s been doing all year. Matt Light is out this week and that’s a huge loss considering that the Titans get good pressure from their front four. Its time for the Titans to make a big statement here.

FALCONS (-3) over Bears- For the sake of the NFL trading deadline, I hope the Bears receivers drop a few passes so that the Bears feel pressured to make a move for TO and finally give Cutler a receiver he can depend on….to make a fuss over the ball and drop key passes. Imagine Cutler’s d-bag reputation mixed with TO’s ability to poison any locker room. I see a Hard Knocks Chicago Bears in their future.

Broncos (+3.5) over CHARGERS- The first question you may ask about Kyle Orton is this is the guy who couldn’t beat out Rex Grossman in Chicago? Well, different system, different leadership. The Broncos continue to be disrespected and Vegas loves the Chargers who still have the undisputed title of most overrated team in the NFL.

Last Week: 7-7
Season: 44-32

No comments: